Racism & the Legacy of Trauma in Communities of Color: Understanding, Confronting & Transforming It to Ignite Personal & Social Change (Launching soon)
Course Description: Mental health researchers and clinicians have become increasingly aware that the effects of trauma—individual and collective—suffered by one generation are passed on to subsequent generations. The devastation of racism and oppression have a significant impact on communities of color. This course examines the legacy of trauma and how it shapes cultural identities, beliefs, values, attitudes, perspectives and lives, and explores effective strategies to break destructive inter-generational cycles to ignite personal and social change.
· Define inter-generational trauma
· Examine the origins, symptoms, effects and legacy of racial trauma in Communities of Color
· Deconstruct the concepts of whiteness and race
· Describe the means by which trauma is intergenerationally transmitted
· Discuss the intersection of trauma and identity
· Employ adaptive strategies to cope with trauma & ignite personal & social change
· Increased self- and other awareness
· Increased self-confidence and self-efficacy
· Enhanced ability to effectively engage in race-related dialogues
· Enhanced ability to effectively use self as an instrument of change
Disclaimer: This course is not intended to treat trauma. All products and services of iLevelUp Consulting, LLC are for educational and informational purposes only. Your level of success in attaining any stated outcomes in our programs or on our website is dependent upon a number of factors that differ by individual. Therefore, we cannot guarantee your specific success or results in any area of life or with any endeavor. As stipulated by law, we make no guarantees that you will achieve any specific results from our information, programs or services and we offer no licensed or professional medical, legal, therapeutic, tax or financial advice in this program.
The information contained herein cannot replace or substitute the services of trained professionals in any field, including, but not limited to, medical, psychological, financial or legal matters. You alone are responsible and accountable for your decisions, actions and results in life. By your registration for this and other courses and use of our programs or website at any time, you agree not to hold Mary Canty Merrill, PhD or iLevelUp Consulting, LLC liable for any such decisions, actions or results at any time.